GDPR: Begining of a new era of data protection
Live Blog (check back for updates)
As you may be already aware the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one of the biggest regulatory changes that is upon us and businesses all over the world have been gearing up for this big change.
GPDR goes into effect on May 25, 2018
Need for GDPR compliance
GPDR is applicable to Individuals, companies, or businesses that have a presence in the EU or, if no presence, offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of, or store personally identifiable data relating to individuals in the EU. If your website, software or service is accessible by individuals in the EU (or those who are citizen of EEA countries) and if you store any data (even a website cookie or IP address) that can personally identify an individual in the EU; you need to prepare and fully comply with GDPR. Even storing EU website visitor IP addresses in log files (or disk/database) may require you to be fully compliant with GDPR.
If you are providing technology / website services to a customer who is storing any data (on EU person) as stated above then your customer as well as you need to comply.
Please contact your legal advisors, tech teams and other concerned persons to make sure that you are compliant.
- https://gdprchecklist.io/ helps you get some infromation about what you need to do to be compliant.
- https://gdpr.algolia.com/: Read GDPR information at this excellent and searchable resource site.
- Wikipedia GDPR Page is also a good resource to get general information about GDPR.
- This article on stackshare is a good read on GDPR as relevant to small businesses
- Facebook Page Admin Liability The administrator of a fan page on Facebook is jointly responsible with Facebook for the processing of data of visitors to the page
Notice to Zaidsoft Customers / Partners
If you have any questions about our DPA or GDPR preparations and/or compliance, please reply to this email or write to us at email@example.com